10/09/2009

Guild Swap Blocks ...

Just a quick little post, as it features just a quick little wall hanging!

A while ago, our guild (Stonehouse Quilt Guild in Manassas, VA), did a block swap featuring a border print.  I won the blocks (5 of them, including my own ... we sometimes do not get a lot of participation in the block swap), and they were WILDLY different in color.  I ended up setting them with navy blue.  Oh, and SEVERAL of them had a little "meet in the middle" issue (humps, bumps, holes, or alignment).  I did not want to remake the blocks.  So, I CLEVERLY used buttons to camoflauge the issue!  This little wall hanging is now in my sewing room.



I did a little fancy hand quilting in the blue setting squares, and used buttons for continuity ...




This is the block that I did for the swap ... I LOVE deep turquoise ...



It *WAS* a bit of a challenge matching up those mitred corners, and I notice that I have a little matching issue with the yellow star ... oh, well ... I like the wallhanging, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment